The following has been edited to fit in the time allowed, and for privacy, not content:
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:04 ] -- Automatically generated message:
This is an automated message. Your request has been received by the
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:04 ] -- Automatically generated message:
A Support specialist, Technical Support Hack has been assigned to your case.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:05 ] -- Zombie says:
hello Technical Support Heck, I am having a problem syncing contacts from my ipaq to to outlook on my PC
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:05 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
Hello Zombie, thank you for contacting HP and for your interest in our Active Chat online support. My name is Technical Support Hack and I see you have a question regarding your iPAQ . I'm going to take a few moments to review your information and will message you back very soon. Today's SR ID is ###### .
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:05 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
It is Technical Support Hack. Hello.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:06 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
Have the contacts been syncing with this computer before.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:06 ] -- Zombie says:
sorry... fat finger typing
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:06 ] -- Zombie says:
nope
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:06 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
The contacts have yet to sync at all with the pc?
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:08 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
Open activesync on the pc, select tools then options, then remove the checkmark from contacts, click ok to save that setting. Go back into tools then options and place a checkmark back into the contacts area and hit ok. The contacts should now sync to the unit.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:08 ] -- Zombie says:
That is correct. I have contacts that are on the device, and I want them on the PC. I can create a contact on the PC and it will sync to the device, but any contacts on the device or created on the device, will not sync to the PC.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:10 ] -- Zombie says:
I followed your instructions, and the sync didn't work.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:11 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
Delete the activesync partnership then recreate one and attempt to sync the items across.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:12 ] -- Zombie says:
would that be File>Delete Mobile Device ?
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:13 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
Correct, also do so on the device.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:13 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
Is your unit running mobile 5 or pocket pc 2003?
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:14 ] -- Zombie says:
mobile 5
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:14 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
Yes, please remove the partnership from the handheld as well.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:15 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
Open activesync, click menu then options and delete the pc header.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:15 ] -- Zombie says:
ok deleted on device and pc
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:16 ] -- Zombie says:
plugging device in cradle
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:16 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
Place the unit into the cradle and create a new partnership.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:17 ] -- Zombie says:
Ok I am going to choose the combine items option
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:18 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
Ok.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:19 ] -- Zombie says:
ok I am connected, but there is an !Attention Required! warning
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:20 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
And what does the unit state is required.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:22 ] -- Zombie says:
It says:
The following Contacts failed to synchronize from the device:
and lists all my contacts.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:23 ] -- Zombie says:
I can no longer see you. Is there a problem with Active Chat?
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:24 ] -- Zombie says:
never mind you are back
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:24 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
Yes we are having issues with the chat interface today.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:24 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
Have you created an outlook profile yet?
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:25 ] -- Zombie says:
I have a profile on the PC, yes.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:25 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
Are the contacts on the unit backed up?
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:25 ] -- Zombie says:
The Warning Dialog on the PC says the support code is "1"
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:26 ] -- Zombie says:
yes they are backed up to my home Laptop
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:26 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
Can you restore the unit back to factory defaults?
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:28 ] -- Zombie says:
I would rather not. The whole point of this exercise is to get the information off the Device and on my work PC, not destroy the info on the device.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:29 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
You said the date was backed up to the laptop.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:31 ] -- Zombie says:
I know it is. But if I restore the device, I will have to go home, get the data from the laptop on the device, and try this procedure tomorrow. But I will still be trying to get the data off the device and onto the work PC.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:33 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
Is this something you wish to continue tomorrow?
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:37 ] -- Zombie says:
I can see we are at an impasse. You are saying reset the device, and synch to the office machine, go home and restore the data, comeback and try to get the data off the device and onto the office machine, potentially repeating the problem tomorrow, but it will be my problem, or I could give up.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:38 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
I would recommend to continue the troubleshooting when you get home, and are near the pc you sync with, at that time we could restore the unit to factory defaults and resolve the issue with little impact to you.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:42 ] -- Zombie says:
Well that seems to be the only way to proceed, but you do understand that I am synching with both my office PC and my home Laptop PC?
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:44 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
Yes, do you sync with just an office pc or exchange server?
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:48 ] -- Zombie says:
just a PC, our IT staff fears exchange servers and doesn't want to support it, so we are left to our devices for email, calendaring and contacts.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:50 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
Ok, If the data is backed up I would strongly recommend the factory reset for the unit. From here it is a matter of simply creating 2 new partnerships and from there the unit should sync without issue.
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:52 ] -- Zombie says:
Alright, I will give it a go. I will also throw a firmware update in there for good measure. Until tomorrow...
[Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:52 ] -- Technical Support Hack says:
Since we are unable to complete troubleshooting at this time, I will place your case in a holding status. You can resume troubleshooting by referring to SR ID number ###### . Please feel free to use our Instant Support program again. Thank you again for contacting HP and have a great day.

No comments:
Post a Comment